Chicken, Green Olive and Preserved Lemon Tagine
I love my tagine dish – it was given to my husband and I as a wedding present. If you don’t have one, you can easily use a large pot with a lid.
For 4 people
- 1 brown onion, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground hot paprika
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 1 whole chicken (1.6kg) cut into pieces, on the bone
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 100 grams large green pitted olives
- 1 preserved lemon
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- 1 handful chopped coriander
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- cous cous
Preparation time: 15m
Cooking time: 40m
Chicken, Green Olive and Preserved Lemon Tagine Directions
- In a small food processor, process onion, garlic, and spices. Coat chicken pieces in the spice mix and allow to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large tagine dish or large pot over a medium heat and sear chicken along with spice mixture until sealed all over.
- Add ½ cup water, cover, bring to the boil then simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Cut the rind from the preserved lemon, rinse and cut into 1cm dice. Add to the tagine in the last 5 minutes of cooking along with the olives.
- Once cooked, finish with herbs and lemon juice. Serve with cous cous.
[url="https://www.google.com.pk/"]google[/url] - Adam Lee
nice - George
nice Visit W3Schools.com! - lilo